What is BLPP?
The Blended Learning Preparation Program is one of Teaching & Learning Innovations' hallmark faculty development programs. BLPP focuses on improving student engagement and outcomes through meaningful integration of blended learning principles.
- Online Activities May 21-25
- Face-to-Face meetings May 29-June 1, 9:00 am-3:00 pm
- Independent course development June-July
- Face-to-Face meeting Tuesday August 21st 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- Participants will learn about pedagogy; course design; and technologies; as well as participate in interdisciplinary conversations about teaching, learning, and technology; interactions with peers; and sharing of outcomes.
- Blended learning at CI is defined as courses that offer 30%-70% of class time in an online environment.
- Faculty work together during facilitated BLPP working sessions and collaborate online in order to design learning courses that support student engagement.
- After the course has been taught, faculty review the effectiveness of their newly designed course by evaluating student learning, faculty satisfaction, and student satisfaction.
- Faculty will use the QLT rubric to assess the effectiveness of their redesigned course.
Summer session participants will...
- Attend and actively participate in four face-to-face sessions (May 29-June 1, 2018 )
- Attend and actively participate in one face-to-face refresher session (August 21st)
- Complete assigned online work during and after face-to-face sessions.
- Support peers and peer learning through the process
- Be open to learning and trying new digital tools
- Be ready to have fun engaging in discussions, exploring new approaches, and working together with technology
To participate, please complete the application below.
All teaching faculty are invited to apply.
Please complete the application below by May 1, 2018