What is BLPP?
The Blended Learning Preparation Program is one of Teaching & Learning Innovations' hallmark faculty development programs. BLPP focuses on improving student engagement and outcomes through meaningful integration of blended learning principles.
- Online Activities early June 1st-5th
- Face-to-Face meetings June 6th-9th 9:00 am-3:00 pm
- Independent course development June-July
- Face-to-Face meeting August 15th 9:00 am-3:00 pm
- Face-to-Face meeting Octobor (TBD)
- Submit final portfolio at the end of Fall 2016 semester
- Participants will learn about pedagogy; course design; and technologies; as well as participate in interdisciplinary conversations about teaching, learning, and technology; interactions with peers; and sharing of outcomes.
- Blended learning at CI is defined as courses that offer 30%-70% of class time in an online environment.
- Faculty work together during facilitated BLPP working sessions and collaborate online in order to design blended learning courses that support student engagement.
- The redesigned courses are reviewed by the BLPP participants and taught during the following semester.
- After the course has been taught, faculty review the effectiveness of their newly designed course by evaluating student learning, faculty satisfaction, and student satisfaction.
- Faculty submit a final e-portfolio structured around the QOLT rubric and designed to share aspects of redesign with others.
Summer session participants will...
- Attend and actively participate in four face-to-face sessions (June 6-9, 2016)
- Attend and actively participate in two face-to-face refresher sessions early and mid fall (August 15 and October TBA)
- Complete assigned online work during and after face-to-face sessions.
- Support peers and peer learning through the process
- Be open to learning and trying new digital tools
- Be ready to have fun engaging in discussions, exploring new approaches, and working together with technology
- Develop an e-portfolio demonstrating chosen aspects of your redesign
To participate, please complete the application by clicking the tab below.
All teaching faculty (tenure track & lecturers) are invited to apply.
There are ten openings for the summer session BLPP cohort. If more than ten faculty apply, an effort will be made to select an interdisciplinary cohort made up of tenure track, full time and part time lecturers. We will also speak to chairs as needed to assure program support and select courses that reach a significant number of students.
Please complete the application below by Friday April 22, 2016.